Tuesday 8 December 2009

UDK Training

So I've been looking around for information on how awesome the UDK is. I've discovered that it is in fact very very awesome. I've just downloaded TONS of videos on how to use it (it's pretty similar to Unreal 3). The main thing is that we can easily make it our own game. I've just run through a tutorial on how to do that. It loads up a custom main menu and starts our own level. I ran into a bit of trouble when I tried to package it for distribution. I'm going to run through the tutorial again because I may have missed something. If I get it to work I'll upload it for you guys to install and see the greatness.


On a side note: Since I'm stuck in Illinois I was wondering if there was some chat thing we could use to talk to each other. Maybe we could set up a time every week and get on that chat to discuss the game. That way we can have instant discussions. Just a thought.

7 comments:

  1. I f!ckin' down with that! Hell yeah! On a side note...I have been downloading tons of ref pics, from bibles, to scrolls, monsters, demons, relics, and places. Once I get things to where I feel comfortable...maybe I'll throw 'em up on box.net or something. I'll keep y'all posted. Keep rockin'! This is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the pics you've gathered. I don't know if either of you downloaded UDK yet. I suggest you do that soon. It's sweet and free! Here's the link:

    http://www.udk.com/download.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steam has multi person chat. Or did you mean voice chat?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aight. Well we've all got a steam account so I guess that problem is solved unless you want to do some kind of voice/video chat where we can all see eachothers pretty faces. Specially you Tom, you're pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Justin. I know how hard it is for you to admit how pretty I am.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah...the Freeman...work with Steam chat we shall. We are forever in debt to your services.

    ReplyDelete